6. To remove a red wine stain
, immediately pour white wine over the red wine stain. White wine neutralizes the red wine and will make the stain vanish. Then launder as usual. Make sure the stain is completely gone before putting garment into the dryer.
7. To remove ink stains, use hair spray. Spray onto the stained area generously, and let it sit for a few minutes. Wash right away and the ink should be removed when the washing cycle is done.
8. To take chewing gum off clothes, place the item of clothing in a plastic bag, then freeze it for about an hour. Take the clothing out of the freezer, then bend the fabric across the stain to crack the gum. Chip off the pieces with a dull knife.
9. To remove crayon stains, first scrape the stain with a butter knife to remove as much crayon as possible. Then scrub it with a non-gel toothpaste. Wash as usual after the treatment.
10. To remove latex paint, use Rubbing alcohol. Let stain soak in alcohol a little, or rub with an alcohol-soaked Q-Tip, then wipe the paint away.
To eliminate static cling from clothing, try stroking the garment with a wire hanger.